Peter Russell-Clarke is an icon of the Australian food scene with him being synonymous with good food and wine yet he is considered a down-to-earth Aussie.
He wrote, produce and presented over 900 TV shows.
- 197 for the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission),
- 150 for SBS,
- Documentaries for Good Morning Australia,
- Programme segments for the Don Lane show, the Paul Hogan Show, the Peter
Couchman Show and others.
He published and nationally distributed a magazine which was edited by him and carried his recipes and articles.
His present and past activities include:
- Written and illustrated 25 cookbooks including an Encyclopedia of Food.
- Presented many radio food programmes for the national Government network, as well as many commercial networks.
- Political cartoonist, creator of Ben Bowyang (Gunn’s Gully) and other national and international comic strips.
- Food editor for several of Australia’s major newspapers and magazines and has appeared as a guest of all the national TV and radio talk-back shows.
- Senior cooking demonstrator for the now defunct Government Gas and Fuel Corporation.
- Owner and was executive chef of Melbourne’s most prestigious restaurant. He has cooked by invitation for Victoria;s State Premieres. Also by invitation cooked for the Prime Minister of Australia.
- TV and radio presenter for the Australian Diary Corporation and the Australian Egg Board over 27 years.
- Peter also cooked by the Silver Jubilee Dinner in Australia for HRH Prince Charles of England as well as having cooked for the Duke of Edinburgh.
His written words have graced many publications be it from in-house magazines to daily newspapers.
- Cooking writer for the weeklies New Idea, Womans Day and the daily newspapers The Daily Mirror, The Melbourne Age, the Truth and the Observer.
- Australian cooking correspondent for the corporate magazines of Shell, Ford,Dulux Paints and Imperial Chemical Industries.
- Feature writer for the Australian Traveller and Caravan & Motor Home magazines.
Whilst his commercial achievements have been many with the highlights below.
- Presented for many years the commercials for the Citrus Board, Honey Board, Rice Board, Tea Council, Avocado Council and Macadamia Nut Corporation where Peter wrote and directed all these commercials.
- First Art Director for Monahan Dayman Advertising, Co-Creative Director for DMB&B (Masius) where he handled the national account for the Australian Dairy Corporation, The Australian Egg Board and other accounts.
- Owned the advertising agency Market Australia with major clients such as SIO, Telecom MobilNet, Mobil Oil Food, BP Food, Elders and other accounts.
- Co-owner of Dayman Direct with Lyle Dayman which was a direct mail response agency.
- Peter created Doctors’ Television network which he later sold.
- For 7 years he presented but did not write the TV radio and press advertisements for Kraft cheese throughout Australia. He wrote 4 cookbooks for Kraft.
At present he is developing a TV programme which is concentrating on the various properties of the food being cooked and presented.
He is also preparing for a painting excursion into the centre and Far North of the nation.
Peter has exhibited his paintings throughout Australian and overseas and has works hanging in many private and corporate venues. He was asked by the National Gallery for a self-portrait. Peter has recently completed Australia’s largest commercial commission and preparing another large commission for the same client.
He is an Ambassador to the United Nations concentrating on the welfare of the farmers and Australia’s food security.
He is Chairman of Regional Reach Advertising – a rural advertising agency, is a Director of a production facility which concentrates of safety in the food workplace and in partnership with a Melbourne film production Company.